Change Log of Live File Backup
Recent Improvements / Modifications
For an easy update of Live File Backup use the integrated update feature.
Improvements in the current version:
- DPI-Awareness: The windows of the program are now scaled correctly when the desktop elements are enlarged.
Improvements in older versions (most recent on top):
- Command Line Interface to control Live File Backup in a batch script to set the backup state to active or inactive and to start the backup cycle immediately.
- Setting to automatically repeat “Full Backup” every x hours. (Settings: General)
- Progress calculation with estimation of the remaining backup time, display it in Monitor window. (Settings: System)
- Setting a waiting time after the program start (start delay). (Settings: System)
- Option for ‘Max. number of days’ increased to 9999.
- ZIP compression for files greater 4GB improved.
- Integrated update procedure improved.
- Assistant for file recovery revised/improved.
- Each of the data sources can be backed up to several backup destinations at the same time.
- Work mode: Standard (file changes are detected only during the runtime of the program).
- Work mode: Extended (file changes are also detected if the program is running intermittently).
- The program state can be found in the Windows Registry: active, inactive, paused.
- More detailed information in the log file.
- Improved collaboration with FTP servers when creating the directory structure.
- Improved monitor, show active path during backup (optional), keep window position.
- Windows 8 compatibility.
- French version.
- Improved assistant to recover whole directory structures and handling of file generations.
- Maximum securable file size increased to 99 GigaByte.
- Fixed: Drive name in target directory was misspelled.
- Exclude directories and files from backup if containing specific strings.
- Return to previous backup status after execution of “Start Backup now”.
- Improvements of handling files open by other programs.
- Menu item to immediately start the backup manually.
- Option to search continuously and permanently for an unavailable backup directory.
- Backup cycle ‘0 minutes’ for a permanent ongoing backup.
- Time Schedule for a limited execution of data backup.
- AES-Encryption, 128-bit and 256-bit.
- Feature “Full Backup” to backup once every file at the next backup run, not only changed files.
- Setting to prevent the automatic deletion of the latest backup of the files, even if it’s retention period has exceeded.
- Setting to turn off transparency of information windows (in case of problems with older operating systems).
- Improvements of the automatic update procedure.
- Improvements of handling files with attributes “hidden” and “system”.
Suggestions For Future Updates
Do you have any suggestions for future updates of Live File Backup? Please contact us at email@example.com and inform us about your wishes and requests. We look forward to hearing from you.